Tuesday 18 December 2007

What about tuesday?

Firstly, I called in sick. I'm not sure if this is dishonest behavior on my part or what not since I'm feeling so much like a pile of crap that I can't even tell if It's my psychology messing with me or if my stomach is subject to an actual infection.

So what do I do? I go down and get a piercing. A metal stud through the eyebrow: A momentary distraction from psychological pain. Too bad it didn't last longer. Funny how the collective of mind and body tend to let physical pain override mental anxiety. Must be an evolutionary advantage in there.

Secondly, I've imbibed alcohol yet another night of the week, which makes for a total of let's see... four of the last seven. I don't think I should be worried yet but one does come to think of spare time alcoholics. New situations begets new understandings.

More precisely I went out and had a couple of beers with Viktor. Had a great time all in all. We got our fair share of complaining (well that was mostly me) and nostalgia out of it. Then I come home (time of this post) and my monstrous Winamp playlist tosses this song at me:

Puddle of Mud - She hates me

Met a girl
Thought she was grand
Fell in love
Found out first hand
Went well for a week or two
Then it all came unglued

In a trap
Trap I can't grip
Never thought I'd be the one who'd slip
Then I started to realize
I was living one big lie
She fuckin' hates me
Trust
She fuckin' hates me
La la la love
I tried too hard
And she tore my feelings like I had none
And ripped them away

She was queen for about an hour
After that, her shit got sour
She took all I ever had
No sign of guilt
No feeling of bad, no

That's my story
As you see
Learned my lesson
And so did she
Now it's over
And I'm glad
Cuz I'm a fool for all I said

I laughed, and laughed and then laughed some more upon hearing this.
Is this the workings of a talented songwriter able to jizz out something a lot of people can relate to or is it another sign that my current mental state truly is a stereotypical one?
Don't know, don't care, but by coincidence finding something so applicable to my current situation plus the fact that it's a mainstream oriented song amuses the hell out of me.

My personal pain ain't special. If I walk down the street getting honest answers out of people about their romancing experiences I'll find that what I feel ain't NOTHING new. People will say 'bin there done that'.
And the irony of that again makes me laugh, and laugh and laugh.... all the way to sleep.

No comments: